CHAMPIONS FOR JUSTICE TEAM LEADER RESOURCES
Tips for a Successful Champions for Justice Campaign
1. Put one person or a small team in charge – It helps to have champions within your workplaces – individuals who agree to send emails, encourage others to donate, and talk about the great work that the DC Bar Foundation does to support DC's civil legal aid network.
2. Set a goal – Whether it’s a participation or dollar goal, having something to work towards helps build momentum. For example, our Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) awards typically range from $6,000 to $8,000 per public interest lawyer. This is a good goal for medium to large offices. Individuals who give $1,000 or more through Champions for Justice are automatically qualified for DCBF's 77 Society.
3. Make a timeline – We have found that the most effective campaigns span one week, culminating on a Friday. It helps to send one email out every day to generate excitement for the campaign. If you're using our themed emails this year, your colleagues will look forward to seeing what character comes next!
4. Offer a challenge – In some cases, a partner has agreed to match individual gifts over a certain amount. Don't forget to participate in DCBF's monthly challenges, too! And remember, donations, in addition to challenge participation, is highly encouraged.
5. Make it visible – There are lots of ways to spread the word about your workplace campaign! Be sure to send your campaign emails to as many of your colleagues as possible. Consider adding a link to donate to your workplace's giving page in your email signature. Add a Champions for Justice announcement to your weekly staff meeting or internal team calls.
Additional questions about Champions for Justice can be directed to Greer Richey, Development and Communications Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team Leader Toolkit
Download our Team Leader Toolkit for all of the information you'll need to bring Champions for Justice to your workplace. Inside the Toolkit, you will find:
An introduction to Champions for Justice
A step-by-step guide on how to host your Champions for Justice campaign
Frequently Asked Questions
Click the image to the left to access the Toolkit.
Customizable Campaign Emails
Download our customizable campaign emails to make outreach to your colleagues fun and easy. This year, team leaders have three options to build out their campaigns.
Standard Champions for Justice Emails: Perfect for the team leader who wants to stick to what they know and host a solid, straightforward campaign. (click to download)
Halloween Champions for Justice Emails: Perfect for the team leader who wants to stay on theme with the spooky fall season. These emails are best used during the campaign's kick-off week, running from October 25 - October 29. (click to download)
Wizard of Oz Champions for Justice Emails: Perfect for the team leader who likes to put the "fun" in "fundraising" by amplifying their campaign with some beloved old Hollywood scenes and characters. (click to download)
Follow these links to access our monthly challenges. Don't forget to include these links in your campaign outreach emails!
October Challenge: Send us a picture of your best Halloween-inspired costume. Click here to access the challenge.
November Challenge: Respond to our "I'm thankful for..." prompt. Click here to access the challenge.
December Challenge: Respond to our "In 2020, I hope..." prompt. Click here to access the challenge.
Personalized Workplace Giving Pages
Once your workplace registers for Champions for Justice, DCBF will send you a link to your workplace's personalized campaign fundraising page. Include this link in your emails to your colleagues. Let DCBF know your goal, and we will customize your page so you can track your success using our real-time "progress to goal" bar!